[arch-general] Audio distro

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 02:04:09 EDT 2013

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 4:56 AM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> Since Ubuntu for my taste made a big step in the wrong direction, I'm
> thinking about an Arch audio distro that can be used by inexperienced
> users.
<snip>
> Isn't it to hard for inexperienced users, musicians who aren't
> interested in computer technology, who only want to use a computer, to
> set up Arch Linux?

They should use Ubuntu Studio or something else. 'Easy-setup' Arch
derivatives do exist, but who will support those users when the
inevitable problems arise?

If someone isn't interested in computer technology and only wants to
use a computer, then you do him/her a disservice by providing an
easy-to-install Arch. Now, if the parties providing such Arch installs
are also going to be providing support and trouble-shooting services,
then no issue. Archbang, for example, provides their own support.