[arch-general] Replacing journal completely with syslog-ng

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Sun Oct 27 14:59:01 EDT 2013

[2013-10-27 18:41:36 +0200] Dimitris Zervas:
> Journalctl requires too much resources (I have a 512MB KVM) and some times
> it kicks the server out of memory.

Unless you can refine your description of the problem, we can do nothing
to help than give suggestions blindly at random. Here's one: add the
sysctl parameter

	kernel.core_pattern=/dev/null

Doesn't work? Tough luck; it worked for me...

> there is nearly no way to parse its logs with any log analyzers

What "log analyzers" are you referring to?

--
Gaetan