[arch-general] Wacom CTL480S support

J. ~marahin M. me at marahin.pl
Thu Oct 31 16:34:17 EDT 2013

On 31.10.2013 18:55, Sean Greenslade wrote:
> "J. ~marahin M." <me at marahin.pl> wrote:
>> Heyah.
>>
>> I've got an simple question: how does Arch stand with the support for
>> Wacom graphic tablets?
>> Especially the CTL480S version. As I lurked through the forums, it
>> might
>> not be supported in the Kernel yet (~ src: linuxwacom), but they also
>> said that it should've been granted support in mid-october.
>>
>> So my question is - how does it really look right now (and does anyone
>> have *any* experience with that particular model)?
>>
>> My first mail to the list also. ;-)
>>
>> Have a nice day!
> Have you tried it yet? Because my CTE-650 works fine out of the box, and there's a whole archwiki page devoted to tweaking them.
>
> ---
> --John "Sean" Greenslade
Indeed I have.

I have followed the basic *automatic* instructions listed at Arch's wiki
(https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Wacom_Tablet), yet no luck.

xsetwacom --list devices

returns nothing for me, though lsusb finds my Wacom tablet connected. ;-)

As I had mentioned before, I found source on Linuxwacom forums (
http://linuxwacom-discuss.996327.n3.nabble.com/support-for-CTl-480-td7234.html),
which said that it might not be supported in the kernel before mid october.

I've got a few mates who use 460s and 470s, which work fine (at least in
Ubuntu).

Have a nice day.