[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Dropping LXDM

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Wed Sep 11 03:57:57 EDT 2013

Gaetan Bisson <bisson at archlinux.org> on Tue, 2013/09/10 21:21:
> [2013-09-11 08:56:42 +0200] Bartłomiej Piotrowski:
> > On 2013-09-11 00:53, Allan McRae wrote:
> > > Also "thanks to its developers and recent changes in package" and
> > > "during 2 years since last release" make zero sense taken together.
> >
> > What exactly doesn't make sense? The fact that LXDM is based on
> > ConsoleKit and even with git patch is unable to utilize logind correctly?
>
> Upstream seems pretty active; do you mean that all the problems we have
> with our package are still present in git master? If not, we should try
> to convince upstream to make a release - and if they are not willing to
> we can always package a git snapshot.

I vote for this.

A lot of issues have been resolved in git master, some by myself. I have not
followed the changes in community package but used the git package from AUR
instead. It works great for me so far.

Some time ago dgod (the developer) stated he "would like to release it, but
the lxde release team has some problems to release it". He also thinks one
should not wait for a release but using git is stable enough.
I do not have any more information, but contacting him may be worth it. For
me git is just fine, I do understand packagers do prefer releases, though. ;)
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Chris           get my mail address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)