[arch-general] [aur-general] systemd 207 and btrfs

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Thu Sep 19 14:23:50 EDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Jameson <imntreal at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 9:50 PM, Curtis Shimamoto
> <sugar.and.scruffy at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This is just a shot in the dark, but what if you were to put the necessary
>> modules for btrfs in mkinitcpio.conf's MODULES list to have it loaded explicitly
>> and early?
>
> That did it.  I added btrfs, zlib_deflate, and libcrc32a.  I think I
> had previously needed to add crc32a for a different problem I was
> having with multi-device btrfs volumes.

For what it is worth, the cause of this bug was that the creation of
static device nodes (including /dev/btrfs-control) moved from
systemd-udevd to systemd-tmpfiles, but we forgot to add a call to
tmpfiles in the udev hook. This has now been fixed and the systemd in
testing should work with btrfs without the need for adding any modules
manually.

Cheers,

Tom