[arch-general] xdm and awesomewm incompatibilty

ashwin ashwin.chn at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 12:40:37 EDT 2013

Hi,

I see that xdm and awesome wm dont go well together. It used to work well
before. I see after recent package update. awesome wm crashes often.
After killing xdm, it is back normal again. Has anyone else experienced
this ? If xdm is buggy, then can someone suggest a good login manager for
X ? I see gdm brings in gnome-shell and loads of other packages which is
not directly related to login manager. What i am looking for is just the
login manager and its dependecies and not the entire DE. I assume kdm
does the same thing.
The awesome wm & xdm version in my pc is:
awesome 3.5.1-3
xorg-xdm 1.1.11-4

with regards,
ashwin