[arch-general] pacman-key complaining, but what to do about it?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Thu Apr 3 07:25:19 EDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 6:09 PM, ProgAndy <admin at progandy.de> wrote:
> There may be a transparent proxy in your routing chain that strips
> compression in order to run a virus scan.
> The server sends these headers for haskell-core.db
> ( curl -I http://xsounds.org/~haskell/core/x86_64/haskell-core.db )

> It might work as expected without a Content-Encoding header:

Yes, you are probably right.  I just didn't think anyone would
actually configure a proxy to deliver the un-gzipped result to the
client.  That sounds like a way to break all kinds of things!

I'll ask around here to see if this is the case.

I don't have direct control over the server where the repo is, but I
might be able to convince the admins that it's a bad idea to put
Content-Encoding into reponses.

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org