[arch-general] pacman-key complaining, but what to do about it?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Thu Apr 3 16:07:13 EDT 2014

On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 01:25:19PM +0200, Magnus Therning wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 6:09 PM, ProgAndy <admin at progandy.de> wrote:
> > There may be a transparent proxy in your routing chain that strips
> > compression in order to run a virus scan.
> > The server sends these headers for haskell-core.db
> > ( curl -I http://xsounds.org/~haskell/core/x86_64/haskell-core.db )

> > It might work as expected without a Content-Encoding header:

> Yes, you are probably right.  I just didn't think anyone would
> actually configure a proxy to deliver the un-gzipped result to the
> client.  That sounds like a way to break all kinds of things!
>
> I'll ask around here to see if this is the case.
>
> I don't have direct control over the server where the repo is, but I
> might be able to convince the admins that it's a bad idea to put
> Content-Encoding into reponses.

Now after an upgrade of Apache by the administrator the
Content-Encoding header is gone.  Also I found out that there is a
possibility to control mime types via .htaccess files.  I put the
following into one

  AddTypw application/octet-stream .gz

and now the Content-Type is modified too.  Hopefully that'll fix it,
but I'll have to test when I get to work tomorrow.

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

Heuristic is an algorithm in a clown suit. It’s less predictable, it’s more
fun, and it comes without a 30-day, money-back guarantee.
     -- Steve McConnell, Code Complete