[arch-general] Btrfs RAID1 corrupted after crash

Rodrigo Rivas rodrigorivascosta at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 18:15:50 EDT 2014

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 10:23 PM, Maximilian Bräutigam <m at xbra.de> wrote:

> Please, help me! ;( Are there other options to investigate my RAID or
> to even temporarily mount it to get some data? What went wrong here?
> What can I do? Why is a simple crash making my RAID unusable? Can I
> use other tools for a recovery?

I've had (a lot of) luck in the past with "btrfs restore" [1]. It will
not fix your volumes, but it will copy whatever it can read from the
disk to a safe place. If it is a RAID1 both disks should hold the same
data, so you can try btrfs-restoring first one and then the other...

HTH

[1]: https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Restore