[arch-general] Evolution

Olivier Langlois olivier at olivierlanglois.net
Tue Apr 15 21:43:56 EDT 2014

On 04/15/2014 04:02 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here Evolution 3.12.1 has so many bugs, that I won't write tons of bug
> reports, but ask you to provide Evolution 3.10.4 by the Arch repository
> again.
>
> I Cc to upstream, since it's not the first time that upstream released a
> version that is completely unusable for _serious_ work.

I am an Evolution user myself. Would care to share some of the problems
that you have encountered with the new version so I can take a decision
to upgrade or not or simply change email client?

What you say is pretty scary to me as similar experience has made me change from kmail to evolution some time ago as if I wanted to contribute by testing bleeding edge new features, I would fetch the git master version of the software. I'm expecting official releases to work reasonably well.

thank you,