[arch-general] Evolution

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Apr 16 04:26:34 EDT 2014

On Tue, 2014-04-15 at 21:43 -0400, Olivier Langlois wrote:
> Would care to share some of the problems that you have encountered
> with the new version

I needed to run

killall gcr-prompter

and

evolution --force-shutdown

because

Evolution asked again and again for the password of one account, even
when I didn't send or retrieve mails, it wasn't add to the keyring.

Evolution kept the send and receive window after finishing all
processes.

Evolution never finished processes, this btw. happens after downgrading
to the previous version, now for the previous version too, so
downgrading to/keeping just

evolution 3.10.4-1
evolution-data-server 3.10.4-1
gnome-desktop 1:3.10.2-1

doesn't solve all issues.

An up to date Arch Linux [1] usually running Jwm, sometimes still
running Xfce4. Cinnamon and Mate are installed too, but I don't use
them.

[1]
[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ grep Igno /etc/pacman.conf
# Pacman won't upgrade packages listed in IgnorePkg and members of
  IgnoreGroup
IgnorePkg   = ardour virtualbox virtualbox-host-dkms
              virtualbox-host-modules virtualbox-ext-oracle
              midori-gtk3 linux-rt linux-rt-headers linux-rt-docs
              mate-calc evolution evolution-data-server
              gnome-desktop
#IgnoreGroup =
[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ pacman -Q midori-gtk3
error: package 'midori-gtk3' was not found

I kept Midori GTK2 for a while, which conflicted with the GTK3 version,
but then removed it.

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ uname -rm
3.14.1-1-ARCH x86_64