[arch-general] Using Wayland/Weston in ArchLinux

pplive p2pnet10 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 16:38:15 EDT 2014

Dear all,

I have installed ArchLinux on a virtual machine hosted by my
VirtualBox. The desktop I picked is enlightenment

I have also installed wayland/weston by pacman.

I tried to play with weston according to the following page:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/wayland

If I just run weston, I can create a window, and I can configure the
height/width of the window.

However, when I tried "weston-launch", there is an error message

"weston-launch must be run from a virtual terminal"

When I tried "weston-flower", the error information is as follows:
"error: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set in the environment.
failed to connect to Wayland display: NO such file or directory
failed to create display: No such file or directory"

Did I miss something? Can somebody provide me some hints?

Thanks so much!

Best regards,
Alex