[arch-general] Gnome 3.12 and password keyring

azuri at free.fr azuri at free.fr
Mon Apr 28 10:45:47 EDT 2014

Hello,

Since my switch to gnome 3.12, I have a problem with the
"Passwordless login trick" [1].

I have added "auth sufficient pam_succeed_if.so user ingroup nopasswdlogin"
to /etc/pam.d/gdm-password.

With previous versions of gnome, when I launched evolution (for example),
as gnome-keyring wasn't unlock, I had a dialog asking for the password.

In 3.12, that dialog does not open and so evolution can't retrieve my mails
(same with epiphany that can't save passwords).

I have removed the line and it works fine, but I really prefer passwordless
logins (especially when switching between users or after idle!)

Do you have a clue what has changed and where I could look at?

Thanks,

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GDM#Passwordless_login