[arch-general] Optimizing boot

Toyam Cox csupercomputergeek at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 18:06:43 EDT 2014

Hello,

I want to have a sub-30 second boot time, so as to make it possible for me
to power down my computer and power back up at a moment's notice. Right
now, I have a (according to my watch) ~35 second boot time. I used
systemd-analyze, and discovered that NetworkManager.service is running for
12 seconds of that time! Also, polkit.service runs quite a while after
everything else, but that is less important.

How do I optimize NetworkManager.service to shorten boot times, especially
as I don't need a network first-thing?

--
- Toyam