[arch-general] Arch curiosity

James ccaat at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Aug 19 11:44:41 EDT 2014

Hello,

As my background is Gentoo, Arch has frequently crossed my mind.

So, specifically, here is what I'm interested in testing on Arch.

Mesos, Chronos, Spark, Hadoop Lxqt(5?)
and whatever file system to run (HDFS)?
I believe all of these aforementioned packages, except for Chronos
are available in Arch, in one form or another?

I could not find the pages where it specifies which file systems
Arch supports. BTRFS is in my plans for testing along with HDFS.
I did not (yet) find the documents and discussion of the files systems
available in ARCH linux.....I have (2) fX8350 workstations I can devote to
the dual purpose of cluster building/testing under arch linux.

Last, I'm curious as to future arch plans, if any, to support the newest
AMD_arm64 server processors? [1]

James

[1]
http://www.forbes.com/sites/marcochiappetta/2014/07/31/amd-opteron-64-bit-arm-based-seattle-dev-kits-are-shipping/?partner=yahootix