[arch-general] Messed up {g,u}id for uuidd

Leonidas Spyropoulos artafinde at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 16:09:10 EDT 2014

On 20/08/14, Mike Cloaked wrote:
> If it is any help my output from the same cat commands is:
>
> $ sudo cat /etc/passwd | grep uuidd
> uuidd:x:68:68:uuidd:/:/usr/bin/nologin
> $ sudo cat /etc/shadow | grep uuidd
> uuidd:x:14871::::::
> $ sudo cat /etc/group | grep uuidd
> uuidd:x:68:
>
> which indeed suggests that your /etc/group for this uuidd line might have
> 68 instead of 997 - but of course your files may have other differences
> also. In addition I have /usr/bin/nologin in the passwd file though that
> should not matter.
>
> Did you have any backup copies of the original files before making your
> merge changes?  Retrieval of the backup copies would at least allow a
> comparison to be made before you made the merge.
>
> --
> mike c

Hello

Just to note that I fixed this by reading about {g,u}id and some specific stuff for uuid daemon. I aligned the gid from uuidd from the /etc/passwd to the /etc/group after I searched for files and folders created from the uuidd daemon and returned none. [1] [2]

Cheers

[1]: ~# find / -uid <uuidd-uid from passwd file>
[2]: ~# find / -gid <uuidd-gid from passwd file>