[arch-general] bugs.archlinux.org - enable comments on closed issues

Nowaker enwukaer at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 22:27:51 EDT 2014

> ​But this is not really useful

I just realized the case here is not about being utilitarian or useful.
It's about being a human. Closing an issue and preventing the reporter
from adding anything to the topic isn't respectful.

The same goes with moving the package from AUR to community without
letting the current customer know. I remember a few people expressing
their dissatisfaction on the list. Again, sending an e-mail doesn't
bring any value - but it's respectful to send an e-mail.

Will anything bad happen if these policies are changed? From the
utilitarian point of view absolutely nothing will change for worse. From
the human point of view, some reporters and AUR maintainers will feel
better. And I think this is really important. :-)

--
Kind regards,
Damian Nowak