[arch-general] bugs.archlinux.org - enable comments on closed issues

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Mon Aug 25 01:07:10 EDT 2014

[2014-08-25 04:27:51 +0200] Nowaker:
> Closing an issue and preventing the reporter
> from adding anything to the topic isn't respectful.

Sorry but I am not following you: who owes respect to who?

Disabling comments as issues are closed saves valuable developer time,
not because of the occasional "thank you" but because comments on bug
reports are prone to quickly degenerate into childish rants.

> The same goes with moving the package from AUR to community without
> letting the current customer know.

There are no customers, but the users and maintainer should be told,
yes.

--
Gaetan