[arch-general] mutt and gnupg

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Dec 6 21:36:07 UTC 2014

On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 09:55:22AM -0600, Troy Engel wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 3:53 AM, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
> > So, is there some way to configure mutt to go straight to the
> > gpg-agent, without any warning messages on startup?
>
> I fought with this as soon as it came out and engaged upstream -
> v2.1.x requires the agent and pinentry, you'll need to work out a
> change in your configuration to use "loopback" mode in pinentry. Based
> on the forum thread and upstream bug report I worked out these
> instructions for a general case:
>
>   https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Gnupg#Unattended_passphrase
>
> If you figure out another case that is needed, please update the wiki
> with your new find. :)

Hmm, that configuration basically makes GnuPG *not* use the pinentry
program and makes mutt completely bypass the use of gpg-agent.

I rather like gpg-agent and the pinentry program... so I'd much rather
configure mutt to work with standard behaviour of v2.1.x.  Is that
possible?

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have
C++ in mind.
     -- Alan Kay