[arch-general] Problem with cups 1.71 when restart service

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Feb 4 18:07:26 EST 2014

On 02/04/2014 09:54 AM, Maykel Franco wrote:
<snip>

> Thanks for your responsed. The problem isn't cups not start... The problem
> is cups not printed...
>
> Comands check my printer, my printer is  Canon-LBP7750
>
> maykel-arch /home/maykel # LC_ALL=C lpstat -s
> system default destination: Canon-LBP7750C-5460
> device for Canon-LBP7750C-5460: socket://10.1.0.5:9100
<snip>
> And in kde system preferences/print :
>
> http://imageshack.com/a/img833/9360/un96.png
>
> I dont understand not printing...
>
> Thanks for all...

socket://10.1.0.5:9100 ?  Is this printer a local or network printer? If this
printer has it's own network interface and is connected over a LAN, then the
queue on the printer itself may be hung or reporting an incorrect status to cups
causing cups to show waiting to finish... If so, try power cycling the printer
and then restart cups (check the network connections in between as well)

Other than than, I think Andreas has probably hit the nail on the head. See:
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/32923, then add feedback at:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/38684

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.