[arch-general] How to reboot remotely without hanging ssh session?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Feb 5 14:19:56 EST 2014

Guys,

   I remote administer one arch server and after moving to systemd I haven't
found a way to reboot without hanging the ssh session. Prior to system, we
could simply pass the shutdown command via ssh and the ssh session would
complete/close before reboot took place: i.e.

$ ssh remote.host.org "sudo shutdown -r now"

   However with systemd, using "systemctl reboot" the ssh session hangs until
the remote host reboot or a timeout occurs.

   Is there a better way to reboot a remote server and avoid this?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.