[arch-general] Installing Archlinux on a Panasonic toughbook U1

Sean Greenslade sean at seangreenslade.com
Wed Feb 19 16:27:26 EST 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 07:05:09PM +0100, Alfredo Palhares wrote:
> Since my thread on the forums did not got very much attraction here it goes,
>
> I have a Panasonic Touchbook CF-U1
> <SNIP>

I suspect the reason that you did not get attention is a rather lengthy
email without a clear issue that needs addressing. We're not going to
walk you through installing Arch, there's several Wiki articles that do
a fantastic job of guiding you though it.

> - Fn key does not work (extremely necessary)

This is the type of thing that warrants investigation. The Fn key on its
own will not send a scancode, however Fn+<key> should. You can
investigate the incoming scancodes with the "xev" tool. There is also a
wiki page <https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Extra_Keyboard_Keys>
that might be of help.

> - Dual battery leds do not work, it does not show which battery is using, it shows the led that is connected to the AC power, the batterie management seems to work fine tough.

I suspect that may have to do with whatever power manager you use.

> - The accessorie keys do not work, altough I think i can fix that with setkeycodes, not really important right now.
> I will use full system encryption according to the wiki, just because I want to, that should be a problem.
> I want to collect as much information as possible before tackling the installation.
> Please drop your opinions or links to any information you might think its useful
> --
> Regards,
> Alfredo Palhares

Just asking for opinions won't really get much. When you come to a