[arch-general] Any way to change .PKGINFO post build w/o Rebuilding?

Leonid Isaev lisaev at umail.iu.edu
Wed Feb 26 16:33:01 EST 2014

On Wed, 26 Feb 2014 15:06:36 -0600
"David C. Rankin" <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:

> On 02/26/2014 05:45 AM, Gesh wrote:
> > A naïve reading of [1] suggests that makepkg -R should do the trick.
> > However, as I'm away from my computer, I can't test
> > this.
> > Gesh
> > [1] - https://www.archlinux.org/pacman/makepkg.8.html
>
> With just about every other package, that is OK, but not in the case of
> tdebase. There are files autogenerated during Make and copied to 'pkg' that
> are not present if makepkg -R is called (makepkg wipes out 'pkg' before
> repackaging -- so in this case it will not work). That is what prompted this
> manual question. Thanks though.

Why is this a problem? If you have a build directory in src/, then
autogenerated files are there, so makepkg -R will reexec package() which will
copy those files again.

If make(1) copies those files directly, i.e. not being instructed by the
PKGBUILD, then your package is broken.

Cheers,
--
Leonid Isaev
GPG key fingerprint: C0DF 20D0 C075 C3F1 E1BE  775A A7AE F6CB 164B 5A6D