[arch-general] Any way to change .PKGINFO post build w/o Rebuilding?

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 16:28:20 EST 2014

Op 26 feb. 2014 22:06 schreef "David C. Rankin" <
drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> het volgende:

> On 02/26/2014 05:45 AM, Gesh wrote:
> > A naïve reading of [1] suggests that makepkg -R should do the trick.
> > However, as I'm away from my computer, I can't test
> > this.
> > Gesh
> > [1] - https://www.archlinux.org/pacman/makepkg.8.html
>
> With just about every other package, that is OK, but not in the case of
tdebase.
> There are files autogenerated during Make and copied to 'pkg' that are not
> present if makepkg -R is called (makepkg wipes out 'pkg' before
repackaging --
> so in this case it will not work). That is what prompted this manual
question.
> Thanks though.
[...]

Karol's reply pointed to repkg. A script by Xyne that basically exactly
what you want.
I didn't completely check it, but it ends with a call to bsdtar to
(re)create the pkg.

So using tar directly to unpack and repack should work fine ;-).

mvg, Guus