[arch-general] netctl provides wifi-menu which is unusable

Nowaker enwukaer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 07:22:50 EST 2014

 > Have you looked at netctl's optional dependencies?

Of course I have but the question is - what is the point of providing a
binary that doesn't work at all without some optdepends?

Optdepends are used for software like lighttpd or apache where some
optional modules may need these optdepends. /usr/bin/wifi-menu is a
first class citizen of this package, not just some optional module.

I don't know of any other package that would do the same.

 > I've really got to wonder what the rational is here, he doesn't
 > want to pay attention to pacman's output, maybe?

I do pay attention to the output, but current state of wifi-menu in
netctl is a nonsense. And what is a nonsense needs to be fixed, right?
Three other people already agree with me.

--
Kind regards,
Damian Nowak