[arch-general] namcap - project in /opt, custom rules file - base on elffiles.py or rpath.py?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri Jan 17 22:49:50 EST 2014

Guys,

  I am trying to learn how to create custom rules for checking tde packages
installed in /opt. I would like to create a custom rules file that would allow
use of namecap -e elfpaths,rpath -r tdepaths and have it verify files placed in
valid directories. I have looked at elffiles.py and rpath.py as templates, but
not coding in python, I don't know which would serve as the best template, or if
it matters. It looks like elffiles.py validates file/binary locations with
rpath.py handles libraries. I've looked at the Namcap wiki and still have questions.

  Would one (elffiles.py or rpath.py) be better than the other for this purpose
or should I build a custom rule from each. New to namecap, that's why I'm asking.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.