[arch-general] Kernel 3.13

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Tue Jan 28 04:02:19 EST 2014

Am 28.01.2014 09:07, schrieb David C. Rankin:
> Yes, and I am still unclear what is required to insure that an appropriate
> module is loaded for a normal laptop/desktop.

Nothing. The keyboard should simply.

> I already include 'keyboard' in HOOKS

This is only required if you want to use the keyboard in early
userspace, which 90% of the time, you don't even have to (encrypted root
is one popular exception, handling a failsafe shell is another).

The 'keyboard' hook has been in the defaullt configuration for a a while
now.

> I vote for a solution that insures a keyboard is always probed/detected/provided

If your keyboard doesn't work out of the box with 3.13-2, please add a
comment to the appropriate bug report [1] (that is for everyone -
comment on that bug if you have keyboard problems with 3.13-2).
Everything else is just a waste of time.

[1] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/38671