[arch-general] Is there a shortcut to defining PKGBUILD groups=() dependencies?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Jan 29 18:15:41 EST 2014

All,

  For TDE I have several PKGBUILD groups for installation defined:

tde-base       : minimum possible install (up to tdebase)
tde-core       : 'tde-base' + common additional packages
tde-dev        : 'tde-core' + development bindings and packages
tde-extra      : 'tde-core' + additional desktop features
tde-multimedia : 'tde-core' + all AV and CD/DVD apps (amarok, kaffeine, etc.)
tde-complete   : 'tde-extra' + all building packages

  I define what belongs in each group by including every group a package belongs
to in the groups=() array. For example, if I want k3b included in every install
except 'tde-base' I then just define the groups array for k3b as follows:

groups=('tde-core' 'tde-dev' 'tde-extra' 'tde-multimedia' 'tde-complete')

  I am just wondering if a shortcut exits somewhere, like some meta-file that
holds relationships between groups? Is there some way at the group level to some
way to say group 'tde-base' automatically gets included when 'tde-core' is
chosen and that 'tde-core' gets included when 'tde-extra' is chosen?

  I haven't found anything that says that, but I didn't entirely understand what
some of the 'meta' packages for kde4 were doing and thought I would check.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.