[arch-general] Uninstalling single package from i686 archroot without cleaning

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Jan 30 01:02:04 EST 2014

On 01/29/2014 12:55 PM, Jadon Bennett wrote:
> If your host is on Arch, you can do:
> pacman -R <pkgname> --arch i686 --root $CHROOT

Bingo. Thank you Jadon. That is exactly what I needed. I had read the options in
man pacman, but did not snap to the fact that it would work for a 'archroot'
that was not a fully mounted arch install. Since the only interface to the
archroot was through 'makechrootpkg' and 'arch-nspawn' I for some reason thought
a direct pacman call would not work in this situation.

I'll give it a shot, but still have that uneasy feeling.... I did manage to get
past the issue last night by fixing PKGBUILDs, rebuilding, and reinstalling --
rather than removing.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.