[arch-general] Error installing linux-3.15.5-1

Thorsten Jolitz tjolitz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 09:06:24 EDT 2014

Hi List,

just did my usual pacman -Syu and was offered a new linux version, which
I accepted to install, but got 1000s of error messages like this:

,----
| linux: /usr/lib/modules/3.15.5-1-ARCH/modules.symbols.bin exists in
| filesystem
| linux: /usr/lib/modules/extramodules-3.15-ARCH/version exists
| in filesystem
`----

A few hours before pacman complained that the DB is locked, and I
removed the db-lock (as proposed) since I was sure I had no pacman
operation going on.

Do I have a corrupted pacman DB now? What would be the steps for
diagnosis and repair?

--
cheers,
Thorsten