[arch-general] [draft] xorg-server 1.16 is now available (v2)

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 12:35:13 EDT 2014

On 28-07-2014 22:27, Laurent Carlier wrote:
> Le dimanche 27 juillet 2014, 23:43:08 Karol Blazewicz a écrit :
>> https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2014-July/026496.htm
>> l The draft still doesn't say how can I launch more than one rootless X
>> server at a time or if it's possible at all.
>> Do I have to have KMS enabled? What if I'm using e.g. proprietary
>> nvidia drivers i.e. no KMS?
>
> You can only launch one rootless X server; i don't know currently why such a
> limitation, but you can always launch other X server as root.

You can add another thing that doesn't work to the list:
Running skype (or any other program) as a separate user.

It works fine if I use Xwrapper.config to run X as root but without it I
see only a grey window. I did look into the manual pages but I didn't
see anything that looks like it would make things work.

--
Mauro Santos