[arch-general] [draft] xorg-server 1.16 is now available (v2)

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 13:46:54 EDT 2014

On 29-07-2014 17:35, Mauro Santos wrote:

> You can add another thing that doesn't work to the list:
> Running skype (or any other program) as a separate user.
>
> It works fine if I use Xwrapper.config to run X as root but without it I
> see only a grey window. I did look into the manual pages but I didn't
> see anything that looks like it would make things work.

It seems the problem only affects QT programs, after some googling I
have found 2 workarounds[1], it seems either of the following
environment variables needs to be set:

QT_GRAPHICSSYSTEM=native
QT_X11_NO_MITSHM=1

For now I'll use the first one as it seems to be less "bad". Hope this
helps someone else.

[1] https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=225&t=121093

--
Mauro Santos