[arch-general] makepkg.conf CFLAGS

Martti Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 09:05:03 EDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 2:56 PM, Yamakaky <yamakaky at yamaworld.fr> wrote:
> Grouped answer (french guy here, be indulgent ^^) :

Sure.

[...]
>> Meanwhile you didn't make clear why don't you side with OP after
>> justifying his point?

Google it. OP is the "Original Poster". Also known as "You".

>> anyone rebuilding some set of packages with ABS to eek out a bit of
>> extra performance is aware that the default compiler flags need to
>> be changed
>

> I didn't talk about that, all my point is about AUR building.

makepkg.conf affects *any* building, not just such from aur.
That distinction does nowhere exist.

>> I'm sure there are users who build packages without devtools and then
>> expect it to be portable
>

> I think they should read a bit of doc before cross-compiling.

It's not crosscompiling if I think "64 bit intel-compatible, aka
x86_64", is it? We're discussing running the same binary on similar
enough platforms in that they're called by the same name.

cheers!
mar77i