[arch-general] evolution-ews, does it work?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Wed Jun 4 03:42:04 EDT 2014

I'm seeing strange behaviour in evolution when adding an EWS account,
so I'm wondering if others are having problems with it, or if the
blame falls squarely on the exchange server I'm trying to connect to.

My system is up-to-date:

% pacman -Q|grep evolution
evolution 3.12.2-1
evolution-data-server 3.12.2-1
evolution-ews 3.12.2-1

I can, seemingly successfully, configure an EWS account.  During
config I can fetch the OAB URL, which ought to indicate that at least
something's working as it's supposed to.  However, once I finish the
account is nowhere to be found.  Indeed, when I restart evolution I
get thrown back into configuring an account again.

It would be great to hear if anyone is using the standard Arch package
of evolutin-ews successfully.  Then I can be pretty sure that my
problems are caused by our (rather clueless) sysadmins.

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid with
millions of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural
integrity, but just done by brute force and thousands of slaves.
     -- Alan Kay