[arch-general] Coredumps in zsh

Savyasachee Jha savya.jha91 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 07:02:48 EDT 2014

I was trying to debug a program, and whenever I did so, I would get the
output:

zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) <name-of-program>

This is what I was expecting, no problem with that, but I couldn't find the
location of the core dump. I searched high and low, and even tried running
systemd-coredumpctl but to no avail. However, when I repeated this on bash,
I got:

segmentation fault (core dumped)

and I got the coredump on systemd-coredumpctl. Is there any particular
reason why this might be happening? I don't want to change shells only when
I'm debugging.

--
Savyasachee Jha

*"Aerodynamics is for people whodon't know how to build engines."*