[arch-general] How do I _really_ fix the superblock?

Leonid Isaev lisaev at umail.iu.edu
Sat Jun 7 12:12:26 EDT 2014

On Sat, Jun 07, 2014 at 05:46:48PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2014 17:46:48 +0200
> From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com>
> To: arch-general at archlinux.org
> Subject: Re: [arch-general] How do I _really_ fix the superblock?
>
> On Sat, 2014-06-07 at 09:59 -0500, Doug Newgard wrote:
> > The Beginner's Guide says: Warning: Using localtime may lead to several
> > known and unfixable bugs.
> >
> > If you're going to do something non-standard that's known to cause
> > problems, you have to expect things like this from time to time.
>
> "systemd, libsystemd and systemd-sysvcompat 213-6 from testing only
> solve the fstab issue, but they don't solve the superblock issue." -
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/40706

There has never been a "superblock" issue. There is something wrong with your
RTC/system clock. Depending on the filesystem this may be a problem or not. For
instance, ext{3,4} cares about superblock modification time, while ntfs does
not (iirc).

> now. I chose local time because I want the correct time, when I use the
> BIOS, e.g. to backup BIOS settingstamps.

And... your clock is not correct apparently. Besides, what does BIOS backup
have to do with a way your clock keep time?

--
Leonid Isaev
GPG fingerprints: DA92 034D B4A8 EC51 7EA6  20DF 9291 EE8A 043C B8C4