[arch-general] [HELP] Upgrading kernel results in unmounted partitions

Thilina Mallawa Arachchi thilina.arachchi at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 18:26:57 EDT 2014

Hi Arch Community,

Today I upgraded the kernel from a fresh install of 3.14 to 3.4 via the
yaourt install of linux-lts34 from AUR.

Booting results logging into the recovery console as root. My / partition
is being booted but my /var and /home are not.

Very similar to this post https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/40706 and also
this discussion on the list
https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2014-June/036488.html.

The above links refer to using UTC time as a solution. I am using UTC time
as per the beginners installation guide for the first fresh install of 3.14
but still run into the issue after the kernel upgrade.

Would someone guide me (in detail) for fixing the issue?

I need to run the 3.4 kernel for the particular piece of hardware I'm
working with.

Best,

Thilina