[arch-general] [HELP] Upgrading kernel results in unmounted partitions

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sun Jun 8 02:23:34 EDT 2014

On Sat, 2014-06-07 at 15:26 -0700, Thilina Mallawa Arachchi wrote:
> Today I upgraded the kernel from a fresh install of 3.14 to 3.4
         ^^^^^^^^
Hi,      downgrading the kernel doesn't cause the issue.
Install the packages
        # pacman -Q systemd libsystemd systemd-sysvcompat
        systemd 213-6
        libsystemd 213-6
        systemd-sysvcompat 213-6
from the testing repository. The culprit is systemd version 213-5.

> Would someone guide me (in detail) for fixing the issue?

Remove the #'s in /etc/pacman.conf

#[testing]
#SigLevel = PackageRequired
#Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

and don't forget to run pacman -Sy .

JFTR it didn't work on my machine, so I downloaded them from
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/testing/x86_64/systemd/ .