[arch-general] Starting gpg-agent from systemd?

Ismael Bouya ismael.bouya at normalesup.org
Tue Jun 10 09:47:38 EDT 2014

(Fri, Jun 06, 2014 at 07:14:45PM +0200) Magnus Therning :
> The instructions at [^1] are for the shell and for using ~/.xinitrc to
> start X.  So neither is very well suited for me as I'm letting GDM log
> me in to Gnome without use of ~/.xinitrc and the agent has to be
> available also to apps started via Gnome Shell.

I forgot about this part.
Without using xinitrc, GDM sources some file. I don't remember if it is
your $HOME/.xsessionrc or $HOME/.profile (or both), but you should have a
look into gdm files (pacman -Ql ...) for a file called Xsession, and
there he will tell you which files are sourced before actually running
your session. You can then add any command you like.

--
Ismael