[arch-general] Network configuration

Yamakaky yamakaky at yamaworld.fr
Fri Jun 13 04:39:34 EDT 2014

Hi all

I write you this mail because I'm a bit lost between all these network
configuration tools available :

  - systemd-networkd
  - dhcpcd service
  - netctl
  - wpa_supplicant
  - NetworkManager/wicd

There is two profiles I use now : a laptop (wifi auto-discover and
connect with gui tray and easy to add network, ethernet auto-connect)
and a raspberry py server (low ressources, ethernet only, dhcp
configured, config not often changed). Actually, I use nm on my laptop
(it's much much better than wicd) and dhcpcd on my raspberry pi. What
would you use and why ?

Additional question : it seems systemd-timesyncd requires
systemd-networkd, is it true ?

Thanks
Yamakaky