[arch-general] Bring back the old X11 values

Bigby James bigby.james at crepcran.com
Fri Jun 13 13:37:59 EDT 2014

On 06/13, Dimitris Zervas wrote:

> Not helping... :/

The new mouse movement and keyboard repeat speeds aren't to your taste. You
want the old ones back. Questions:

1) Do you know what the old settings were? Kind of moot to ask for help and then
   give such a vacuous response when help is offered, if you don't know what the
   settings are that have actually changed.

2) Similarly, what's "not helping?" That response suggests that you know what
   you're looking for, and couldn't find it on those wiki pages. Yet if you know
   what you're looking for, you should already have an idea where to look for it...

3) If you're unsure of what the necessary settings actually are, how are you
   testing the current ones vs. the previous ones? No offense, but are you sure you
   aren't imagining this?

Folks need more to go on than this. Is the key repeat speed too fast? Too slow?
Do you use a custom keymap? I'm limiting my questions to the keyboard, because
changing mouse speed and sensitivity is usually trivial.

--
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams