[arch-general] Bring back the old X11 values

Dimitris Zervas dzervas at dzervas.gr
Fri Jun 13 19:28:48 EDT 2014

On June 13, 2014 8:37:59 PM EEST, Bigby James <bigby.james at crepcran.com> wrote:
>On 06/13, Dimitris Zervas wrote:
>>
>> Not helping... :/
>>

>The new mouse movement and keyboard repeat speeds aren't to your taste.
>You
>want the old ones back. Questions:
>
>1) Do you know what the old settings were? Kind of moot to ask for help
>and then
>give such a vacuous response when help is offered, if you don't know
>what the
>   settings are that have actually changed.
>
>2) Similarly, what's "not helping?" That response suggests that you
>know what
>you're looking for, and couldn't find it on those wiki pages. Yet if
>you know
>what you're looking for, you should already have an idea where to look
>for it...
>
>3) If you're unsure of what the necessary settings actually are, how
>are you
>testing the current ones vs. the previous ones? No offense, but are you
>sure you
>   aren't imagining this?
>
>Folks need more to go on than this. Is the key repeat speed too fast?
>Too slow?
>Do you use a custom keymap? I'm limiting my questions to the keyboard,
>because
>changing mouse speed and sensitivity is usually trivial.

Yea, you're right.
As for the links provided I meant "The links are not help, 'cause I don't know the old values". Sorry for the misunderstanding.

The mouse is too slow (and sometimes, WAY too slow, if I make a small movement).
The key repeat is also slow.

I am asking for the old values of the mouse sensitivity/acceleration/etc and key repeat. Just how they were before the update.

I am not "imagining" (I thought of it too in the first place), because I get frustrated times that I really am focused on other things (ex. when copy/pasting code from one monitor to another)

Thank you.