[arch-general] Changing sizes of panes in a vimsplit resets scrolling

Kyle Terrien kyleterrien at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 17:49:50 EDT 2014

Hello Archers,

Has anyone else been experiencing an issue where scrolling is reset
when changing the size of window splits in Vim?

1. Open a file in Vim that is sufficiently long enough that you need to
   scroll to view the whole buffer.
2. Scroll to somewhere in the middle of the buffer.
3. Use :split to open another file. You should have two windows open
   (2nd file on the top pane, and 1st file scrolled to somewhere in the
   middle on the bottom pane).
4. Use ^W- and/or ^W+ to adjust the relative sizes of the panes. The
   pane that is unfocused scrolls to the top of the buffer.

The quick fix is to toggle focus between the panes, which will cause the
scrolling position to reset to normal.

I have narrowed this down to gvim/vim-runtime 7.4.307-1 and later.
Earlier versions of the package do not have this issue.

I am asking here because I am unsure if the issue is package related or
upstream.

--Kyle