[arch-general] Apache (Roundcube) and /tmp

"Jérôme M. Berger" jeberger at free.fr
Tue Jun 17 15:58:40 EDT 2014

Ismael Bouya wrote:
> Hi,
> I tried to install roundcube (in community/), but it fails when it tries to
> check if he can write in his temp dir, which is a symlink that points to
> /tmp/roundcube and is rwx for http (and group http too).
>
> I have the same problem if I try to put the symlink to /var/tmp/roundcube, but
> it works with /var/lib/roundcube
>
> Note that I update the open_basedir each time, and absolutely no message show in
> the logs concerning fails to write in /var/tmp or /tmp (only when I forget to
> change the open_basedir value for php). Any idea where it can come from? Did I
> miss something in apache (or php?) configuration?
>
> Thanks in advance!

	My guess is, this is an issue with systemd private temp. Namely
what roundcube sees as /tmp is not the real /tmp but is really a
folder with a name like /tmp/systemd-private-xxxxxxxx which probably
does not contain the roundcube folder. The same is true for
/var/tmp, but not for /var/lib which explains why it works there.

		Jerome
mailto:jeberger at free.fr
http://jeberger.free.fr
Jabber: jeberger at jabber.fr