[arch-general] mdmonitor.service failed to start

Bill Sun cap.sensitive at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 00:45:12 EDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 09:57:46AM -0500, Sander Jansen wrote:
> I don't think the service failed to start, The ExecStartPre starts with an
> -, so it's allowed to fail to start that script, but unit isn't considered
> failed:
>
>  mdmonitor.service - MD array monitor
>    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/mdmonitor.service; static)
>    Active: active (running) since Wed 2014-06-18 13:43:41 CDT; 4 days ago
>   Process: 266 ExecStartPre=/usr/lib/systemd/scripts/mdadm_env.sh
> (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)
>
> I think systemd is just overeagerly reporting errors here. Then again,
> mdadm is a bit weird here, since it only installs mdadm_env.sh on SUSE
> systems, yet didn't bother shipping a different service file for it.
It appears that the main process actually failed:
  Process: 234 ExecStart=/sbin/mdadm --monitor $MDADM_MONITOR_ARGS (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
  Process: 228 ExecStartPre=/usr/lib/systemd/scripts/mdadm_env.sh (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)
 Main PID: 234 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

However, I grep'ed all log files, and I did not find anything contains
'mdadm'

Regards.