[arch-general] systemd 214, journal problem

Stefan Tatschner rumpelsepp at sevenbyte.org
Wed Jun 25 03:04:50 EDT 2014

Am Mittwoch, den 25.06.2014, 08:58 +0200 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> [rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ uname -rm
> 3.8.13-rt14-1-rt x86_64
> [rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ pacman -Si linux-lts | grep Version
> Version        : 3.10.44-1
>
> I still don't know what messages you don't get, however, I get messages
> without editing /etc/sysctl.d/50-coredump.conf for e.g. pppd and the
> graphics etc..

I dont't get *ANY* message after booting the machine. After every
service has been started (my last one is always fail2ban) I do not get
any more messages. This includes e.g. postfix, amavis, ssh, dovecot,
cron, sudo things, ...

The lack of journal messages also mean that fail2ban does not work;
that's really bad. I will try updating once again later this day and
I'll let you know.

Stefan