[arch-general] systemd 214, journal problem

Martti Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 05:01:58 EDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 9:04 AM, Stefan Tatschner
<rumpelsepp at sevenbyte.org> wrote:
> I dont't get *ANY* message after booting the machine. After every
> service has been started (my last one is always fail2ban) I do not get
> any more messages. This includes e.g. postfix, amavis, ssh, dovecot,
> cron, sudo things, ...
>
> The lack of journal messages also mean that fail2ban does not work;
> that's really bad. I will try updating once again later this day and
> I'll let you know.

I'm not sure how you configured fail2ban, but since it's not working
for you and a quick research reveals it does things with logs... This
clearly points to some incompatibility between systemd-214 and
fail2ban. Did you contact devs of either? They might be able to point
something out you have overlooked up to now.