[arch-general] systemd 214, journal problem

Stefan Tatschner rumpelsepp at sevenbyte.org
Wed Jun 25 05:07:07 EDT 2014

Am Mittwoch, den 25.06.2014, 11:01 +0200 schrieb Martti Kühne:
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 9:04 AM, Stefan Tatschner
> > The lack of journal messages also mean that fail2ban does not work;
> > that's really bad. I will try updating once again later this day and
> > I'll let you know.
>
> I'm not sure how you configured fail2ban, but since it's not working
> for you and a quick research reveals it does things with logs... This
> clearly points to some incompatibility between systemd-214 and
> fail2ban. Did you contact devs of either? They might be able to point
> something out you have overlooked up to now.

This is not correct. Fail2ban works fine here, but with no journal
messages (which might be a systemd problem) it does not work as it
evaluates the messages from the journal. But that's not actually my
problem; it's just a messy side effect. :)

I will try updating to systemd-214 again later this day and I'll let you
know what happens.

Stefan