[arch-general] Open Source ati driver can't load GLX extension

Heiko Becker heiko.becker at rocketmail.com
Wed Mar 5 11:41:09 EST 2014

Am 05.03.2014 16:22, schrieb Simon Brand:
> Am 05.03.2014 16:04, schrieb Felix Yan:
>> On Wednesday, March 05, 2014 13:18:02 Heiko Becker wrote:
>>> OpenGL GLX extension not supported by displayAssert( Assertion
>>> Failed: Fatal Error: OpenGL GLX extension not supported by
>>> display
>> You need (lib32-)ati-dri besides xf86-video-ati, for OpenGL GLX
>> extension to work with steam.
>>
> He said "since some days".
> Does the same happen with a clean steam in a clean home directory?
>
> It would be nice to know, which packages have been updated.

Hey,

unfortunately I already have lib32-ati-dri and ati-dri installed.

I can't really tell since when this happens as I've been busy for
university and updated sometimes meanwhile. So I can't tell what package
exactly brocke it.

Before, I was able to run steam but it always notified me of the lacking
glx.

Thanks in advance.

Heiko