[arch-general] Cannot recover pacman upgrade fails problem

Paul Gideon Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 06:20:33 EDT 2014

On Monday 10 Mar 2014 03:51:04 Cao, Renzhi wrote:
> Hi, all:
>
>      I really have no idea for the pacman upgrading fails issue, so I
> summarize the problem I meet, and the things I try, if any one can give me
> suggestions of what I miss something or I do something wrong, I really
> appreciate, if not, I hope this summation can benefit some other people who
> meets the same problem.

I don't think you'll be able to get your system to boot at all until everything is up-to-date.
You'll need to install filesystem before rebooting. Have you managed to move everything
into /usr yet?

The following directories should now be symlinks:

/bin -> usr/bin
/lib -> usr/lib
/lib64 -> usr/lib
/sbin -> usr/bin